martes, 1 de junio de 2010

Trini limin'days


Oh men, all expectations about going around, changing places while CSing as much as can and stuff came reduced to a complete liming experience with this family in Arima.
We made muffins one day with the kids (where I added my personal banana/cinnamon/ginger vanilla-choc hints) and they were delicious). Other day were smoothies, where the same stuff was added as always&forever, banana-papaya-mango and spices, cinnamon, ginger, vanilla.. then with soya, then with rice drink, then with choc drink...uff non stop!!
Playing with the kids, hangin'out with other CSers in&around POS, others who were travelling across America and telling really bad (funny though) experiences boat hitchhiking...
Also feeding myself with juices -even Surrel here found, punches made of seeds with veggs and peanut butter too. So many things.
Oh! I went to the church! With my host mum and her niece. Such nice experience in a 90'mass. Like a football game with no interruptions lol They even say hello and welcome to foreigners (where I think I was the only one because apparently I should have stood up). I loved that the kids just stayed for the beginning and the end, no serious homily for them. They went all out with cathequists. The homily was about Trinidad, yes, which for me as a "tourist" came up sweetly! *of course the holy trinity hehe But you know..always to interpret and thinking about.
Anyway, my reaction next day was becoming a bit local by doing cane rows on my hair. So informal, at the UWI, in one of these tables for study. A girl spent an hour and a half doing it while I was stretching and digit pressuring my body as much as I could to avoid pain from tightness from them haha
Oh, and the last bus taken, the bus driver woman just stopped to hug some kids on the other side of the road. It was so nice, she just stopped for that. So...human, humble, trinitian..just my image of farewell from here.
pics: enjoying life at home. Getting local.

1 comentario:

lagrimasdeor0 dijo...

vaya barbas, tronco!!
me molan un montón :)

después te leo, que ahora tengo que marchar a hacer papeleos, con lo cansada que estoy !