viernes, 4 de junio de 2010

CurAloe (Vera Plantation)

Plan for today was only changing tickets at the airport and visiting this famous Aloe plantation&treatment (just to avoid saying factory as it sounds pretty industrial).
In the morning wandering around to check how I could reach that point. In a tourist stand and a "local" woman who lived closed to it saying there was no public transport to get there, that she has never seen any in her life going around there, so the only option was a taxi. On my verification way to the bus station I was listening to a really familiar Spanish accent between two women. I asked them where they were coming from and they replied me back from.."Santiago de Compostela" Shut! I said..I'm from Coruña!! And we've been sharing our different trips and they end up saying.."you are not the only one travelling around..." so..yeah, hopefully. Of course their plan, was a retired people one in their own private boat but I also asked interested may be to join them, but they were finishing there.
Anyway, on the bus station, they told me they were little vans and, eventually, there was a bus, one stood there, which stopped just in front of the place. Every single driver was adding more info about getting there til I got that.
When I arrived, I was so amazed by the huge amount of plants they had. Can't remember in numbers, but.. between the young ones and the old ones was a number with 5 zeros. The thing is, to get the extract, the gel basically, you need to wait til they are old, between 5-7 years, so that you can get the most of each one.
I took a guide just for myself (there was not anyone else) and I learnt so much more. Like the existence of the InAloe, more properties, uses and interesting facts and healthy stuff about it. I couldn't stop spreading the opened leaves through my body all the time while she was explaining everything. How soft my skin was becoming when it got dried! So so pure aloe!
A nice refreshment and a pure juice were made there and a few products for the body. Well, and a mosturizing after shave, but as the woman said, was obvious I wouldn't need that lol I enjoyed it so much the visit there.
On my way back I started walking&hitchhiking to the main road. I met some nice locals inside one house while asking about the timetable of the bus (as a Dutch island of course there are timetables) and then a guy picked me up and drop me off at the main road to get a van to bus station and then the bus to the airport.
Flight changed almost for free to Aruba to leave later and going to downtown to have dinner in a really cool nouvelle cuisine place where that week were having degustation menus at affordable prices. The most exciting was the started with goat cheese inside sea moss with a peach chutney and other things around mmmm so yummie!






No hay comentarios: