viernes, 4 de junio de 2010

Sempre no meu Curaçao






Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeempre!!
Well, the reason of this title apart from the cool subliminal song was due to the best hitchhiking experience after the one in Barbados, this one though, really deep in the knowledge of each other.
Arriving the day before and sharing interesting talks with the young CS couple who hosted me I went in the morning to the beach where the girl was working as scuba diver instructor. There was nobody, was pretty small and with nice shadows to have a cool nap (3 hours...).
About midday, I started my walk to reach a cave in the National Park. I came across with the security guy of the beach and he was from Haiti. We've been talking in French for a while until the first vehicle turned up which could drop me off to the road -cuz the beach was at the end of a nice hot deserty sunny walk. Then hitchhiking & reading again and nobody stopped for a while (2cars/min) til a bus did. The driver told me he was not going so far and there were not anymore buses going there, as they take the main road of the island, so I asked him if he could drop me off in a nice place and so he did. Nothing more than a cute tiny and touristy beach. Checking the map and seeing it was not really far -apparently- I decided to start walking. A car per 5 min was coming but..in the very moment I reached another road, a cool 4by4 turned up with 4 people inside pointing me to hop on at the back. No matter my destination, it was all about "sube que te llevo". Oh men, they were sooo friendly, inviting me to have their drinks, stopping me to take pictures and explaining me everything shouting from the window. Eventually, I end up on the front of the car with this truly arowak man around his 60's who was laughing all the time and taking life as funny as it could be getting a tourist on the road.
My destination was meant to be that cave. I discovered the whoole NW coast stopping everywhere and finally in the Northest Point, Watamula, which means "remolino de agua" (eddy) in Papiamento -I love this language, is really kiddy sometimes and really easy to understand only when you read it.
Anyway, we shared so so so much, a piece of it can be seen in the videos. Everything coming from his heart. Did not know how to please him for everything. They were meant to go fishing for their lunch/dinner when they took me around 2. Right, so about 5 when we finished all that portion of the island, he asked me: ¨Do you want to keep on going to see the cave?¨ We all laughed.
Summing up, amazing feeling, love without any interest to anyone without any prejudice. That's life. And this song is for him. Sempre no meu Curaçao.

pics: The big big hole of Watamula where he survived diving in a stormy time (also many legends he knew about there). On the beach where my CS was working. Pointing feet up in the sky! The cool tiny beach. Family of my Arubwak! (Aruban-arowak).



No hay comentarios: