sábado, 12 de junio de 2010

Tayrona National Park







Arranging yesterday in several places the best choice to visit it, I just finished with the most sympathic seller.
The tour was in a van with the most truly famous and well known long in time guide of the park a.k.a “El Abuelo” and several Colombian people.
After not much of the walk through the park, in a very split group –as there was no chance of getting lost, I just went off road to make it funnier (actually because I need to go to the toilet, again). There was the 1st camping 10 mins away. It was pretty cool, and the toilets better. Hopefully I carried my toilet paper.
Anyway, there was a 15mins direct access to one of the beaches El abuelo passed through and people afirmed had seen him passing through there. The thing is, I just stopped anytime I came across with a juice place and stuff so..eventually, I arrived to the last place where the tour finished, in a pretty nice beach. He was there somewhat, waiting for me. He could understand pretty well the situation. He was..a “bit” worried of not having all the group. I knew he knew there was no chance of getting lost but..anyway, I also could feel how he was feeling. Enough repeating verbs and toilets!
So…I had just one hour of free time. Of course I was not going to waste it staying there in the beach, even if it was what I really wanted, to have a swim.
I knew there was a nude beach not that far, so I just started walking up, practicing my favourite sport, in&out of beaches. This time though, was the most exciting one, as all was through forest.
Couldn’t reach that beach but there were two pretty nice with nobody in them. Aware was running out of time, I tried to go through a “direct” way without going back in again the beaches. But…I think I got really inside that the path started to be covered by the vegetation meaning no people passing through it for a long time, making it harder to pass through it and eventually impossible. With my nude feet and coming a bit back, my only way of getting to that place turned up suddenly when I heared the sound of the river. I remembered there was a pond made from a little river from the forest. So there I went! I started walking through it and feeling how my feet were sinking a bit on the sand and –even worse , thinking that if I got trapped by the earth there, nobody would now it unless I threw my bag with my passport and stuff in it. Even though, getting ansious, I started running a bit, jumping through trunks and also realising it was being the most adventurous thing prehaps I’d ever done, risking my life in it (may be). At some points the river got blocked by trees, so coming out from it and trying to find another way to getting back to it was becoming a hazardous routine. Can’t believe, when I started listening the waves, like really close, but far away yet. Then people, I was becoming more and more excited and then the pond!!! I had just came out to the beach!!! The group was still there getting out from the water meaning I had broken records of time and arrived more than punctual feeling acomplished and giving back respect to El Abuelo. I felt well, he did it too –that spent half an hour with me (as eventually people arrived very late, but really really late).
Feeling so tired I just went for a nice dinner (fish with a home made spinach-mango chutney). Then, they were inaugurating a hostel in that restaurant the following day in the afternoon but I already had so many ambitious plans of visiting people throughout my way back to Cartagena.



1 comentario:

Anónimo dijo...

Valentin!
muy buenas las fotos,
me trae unos recuerdos buenisimos, en cierta manera es como si una parte de mi volviera allí.
Los atardeceres en esa playa de Taganaga son espectaculares.
Tayrona ya sin comentarios...

un abrazo desde Bilbao

Borja A.